Sunday, April 1, 2012

We'll Always Have Paris

I usually don't use my blog as a personal diary.. but the past year and a half has been such an emotional roller coaster that most of us became accustomed to only remembering the lows...

But sometimes, when I'm lucky enough, the high moments rise above and the mental image of a happy girl with a big smile on her face take control of my mind's eye..

During a rather short layover in Paris... I had never been to Paris before but decided to make use of my stop and to just jump around the city for quick photo ops and then head back to the airport. I first went to the Champs Elysees which was rather disappointing.. I expected something a lot more glamourous but it was kind of loud, crowded and too touristy for my taste, feeling let down and betrayed by my imagination of what Paris would be like I hopped in a cab and asked the driver to take me to the Eiffel Tower.

The moment I laid eyes on it for the first time... I think I almost had a heart attack! My heart was skipping beats, my jaw either dropped in awe or my smile was too wide, I was too worked up to know for sure what my mouth was doing and my eyes were watering with glee... I don't know what got into me.. But I as soon as I got out of the cab I just stood there for a few minutes... stunned by how beautiful and majestic the Eiffel Tower is.

One day I will go back.. take all the time in the world I need to inhale its beauty :)

The fleeting memory feels nothing but a dream right now.. It all seems so far away!





No comments:

Post a Comment